Joe Long of The Four Seasons belongs in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame!

Most fans of The Four Seasons were shocked to learn that do to a minor technicality Joe Long was the only member of band not fully inducted to The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We are working to correct this oversite and have Joe Long join the other members of The Four Seasons already inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Thank you for your support!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Joe Long into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Dear Prof. Stout,

Thanks for leading the charge for Joe Long to make it to the Rock & Roll HOF. I was a big fan of the 4 seasons growing up. Joe was a superb addition to the group after Nick left. In my opinion, Joe was a much better bass player and singer, and had much more of a stage presence than Nick. When I think of the 4 Seasons, I see Joe more than Nick in my mind.

I hadn't followed the happenings of the group for many years and paid little attention to the details of their induction into the HOF. However, when the Jersey Boys Musical hit the stage, I once again started listening their music and trying to catch up on the lives of the group members. When I found out that Joe was overlooked for the HOF, I was shocked!! How could this be?? It must be a mistake. Then I started guessing as to why...perhaps Joe pissed off some of the other guys in the group, so they didn't want him included...who knows?

I was disappointed that the other members of the group didn't insist on his inclusion at the time they were selected. When the Temptations were inducted in the HOF, they included the original 4 members and several additional members like the singers who replaced Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin after they left the Temps. I don't understand why the Hall cannot make the same exception for Joe, better late than never. I'm angry that the Hall didn't see fit to recognize Joe's significant contributions to the group, especially since it was during the height of their popularity. I'm also very sad for Joe, it's such a terrible oversight and needs to be corrected. Has anyone asked the other original members of the Seasons for their post induction support of Joe? Joe is very deserving of the honor and recognition associated with being such an important and valuable member of The Four Seasons...he belongs in the HOF.

Dave Whipple
Laurel, MD

Labels: